Rehoming a small animal from us requires that you are interviewed by one of our staff to establish whether your chosen pet suits you, your lifestyle and home. If it does not then we are happy to suggest alternatives who would be.
The basic rehoming process for small animals is:
- You make an initial choice either online or when you visit us
- If you do not own your own home, we will need to see written consent from your landlord or your tenancy agreement if pet ownership is noted within it
- We will ask for a form of identification which shows your current address
- We will tell you more about your choice and whether we think it is a suitable choice
- You will be introduced to your choice and you can return to get to know them further if you wish
- If they are a suitable match then you’ll be able to take your pet home, although in some circumstances we may arrange a home visit with you
How much does it cost?
Our rehoming fee around £25 for small animals. The cost covers vaccinations, neutering, flea and worming treatment and any other veterinary care whilst the animal has been in our centre.