Rehoming a cat from us requires that you are interviewed by one of our staff to establish whether your chosen cat suits you, your lifestyle and home. If it does not then we are happy to suggest alternative cats who would be.
The basic rehoming process for cats is:
- You make an initial choice either online or when you visit us
- If you do not own your own home, we will need to see written consent from your landlord or your tenancy agreement if pet ownership is noted within it
- We will ask for a form of identification which shows your current address
- We will tell you more about your cat and whether we think it is a suitable choice
- You will be introduced to your cat and you can return to get to know them further if you wish
- If they are a suitable match then you’ll be able to take your pet home, although in some circumstances we may arrange a home visit with you
- If they are not a match then we’ll try to suggest a cat who is
How much does it cost?
Our rehoming fee is £80 for cats. The cost covers vaccinations, neutering, flea and worming treatment and any other veterinary care whilst the cat has been in our centre.
You can complete an application form when you visit the centre or call us direct for more information. Click here to see how you can get in touch with us.
It’s also vital that everyone who will be living with your cat meets the animal before rehoming.